Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Section 103
For any students using VA Education Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®) or Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA (up to 90 days), the school will not:
- Prevent their enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee;
- Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
To qualify for this provision, such students are required to:
- Produce a VA Certificate of Eligibility or an eBenefits GI Bill Statement of Benefits by the first day of class;
- Provide the school a request to be certified;
- Provide any additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in the school’s institutional policies.